Whether you have forgotten your Facebook account password, or someone else has changed it without asking your permission, Facebook offers a pretty simple way to recover it. To simplify the password recovering process, here we have compiled the proven steps to recover your forgotten Facebook password.
Note: Below-mentioned steps are applicable for Facebook App or Facebook Web Page.
Steps to Recover Your Forgotten Facebook Password on PC
- On your computer, open any web browser and type com. Now, type your Email or Phone number in the prompted field.
- In the next screen, click on forgotten account, as you don’t remember your password. Now, you will be redirected to a new page where you need to select one of the following options to reset your password:
- Use my Google account- For this step, you need to log into your Google account to quickly reset your password.
- Send code via email- If you select this option, a verification code will be sent to your email address which is linked to your Facebook account.
- Send code via SMS- You will get a verification code on your registered mobile number.
- Once you have selected the password recovery option, click on Continue to precede the process.
- After getting the verification code, enter it in the prompted field and tap on Continue
Note: In case you don’t get a code on your selected option, click on Didn’t get a code and reapply for authentication code.
- In the next step, type your New Facebook Password and click on the Continue
- Now you will be prompted to a new screen, where you need to select one of the following options:
- Log out of other devices
- Stay logged in
- Finally, click on the Continue tab and you will regain access to your Facebook account.
Similarly, you can recover your forgotten Facebook password on Android or iOS Device.
Steps to Recover Your Forgotten Facebook Password on Android or iOS Device
If you have forgotten your Facebook app password on your mobile device, then use these steps to fix the issue:
Note: The below-provided steps are identical for both platforms
- Open your Facebook application and tap on your profile photo.
- You will be prompted to the password page.
- As you don’t remember your password, click on Forgot Password.
- In the next step, enter your Phone or Email address in the provided space and you will get a verification code on your registered mobile number or email address by Facebook.
- Select the option as per your preference and click on Continue.
Note: If in case, you are unable to receive a text message at your registered email or don’t have access to that number, click on No longer have access to these? and proceed the further steps.
- Enter the code in the provided field and tap on Continue Then select one of the following options:
- Keep me logged in
- Log me out of other devices
- Tap on Continue.
- Type a new password in the given space and tap on Continue.
- Finally, regain your access to the Facebook app.
And this is how you can recover your forgotten Facebook password on PC, Android or iOS device.