Having forgotten your AT&T Yahoo Mail Password can be quite frustrating for some users. This is mainly because of the merging mess of Yahoo and AT&T. Many users wander as to where and how to reset a new password for their AT&T Yahoo account. In order to clear the confusion, we are providing a quick and simple guide to reset the password for your AT&T Yahoo Email account.
Look for the following before you begin with password reset process:-
- The password is going to be the same in case you are having an Access ID with an AT&T email address associated with it.
- When you change or reset your password, it will get changed for both your email address and Access ID.
- To complete the below-mentioned instructions, make sure that you only use AT&T email address even if your account is merged with a Yahoo.com email address.
- The below-mentioned steps are applicable for both primary and secondary email address including all AT&T email address domains such as @att.net, @sbcglobal.net, @bellsouth.net, @prodigy.net, @swbell.net, @snet.net, @pacbell.net, @wans.net, @flash.net, @ameritech.net, @nvbell.net.
Steps to Reset AT&T Yahoo Email Password:-
Using Security Questions:-
- Go to the Forgot Password page using this link
- Select the Password option and enter your complete AT&T email address and last name in the provided field.
- After that, if prompted, enter the code shown on the page in provided field. Click Continue button afterward.
- Then, select the option I’ll answer my security questions from the drop down menu.
- Answer the questions which you set for your account earlier. Click Continue.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen instruction to set up a new password for your AT&T Yahoo account.Once you are done, you will get a confirmation that your password has been successfully reset. You may need to wait for five minutes for the new password to get in effect.
Using Temporary Password:-
If you don’t know the answers to the security questions prompted, you can reset your AT&T Yahoo account password by following these steps. However, this method is only applicable if you would have added a mobile phone or email address other than the address for which you are trying reset the password.
- Go to the Forgot Password page by using this link
- After that, select Password and enter your complete AT&T email address and your last name in the appropriate field.
- Then, if prompted, enter the code shown on the page in the provided field and click Continue.
- On the next page, you will be prompted with a question as How would you like to reset your AT&T Email Password? You will be asked to select any one of the two options similar to following:
- Send me a temporary password
- I’ll answer my security questions
- Select the option Send me a temporary password and click Continue button.
- As you click on the Continue button, you will be directed to the AT&T Sign-in page. Enter the temporary code you receive on the provided field with your AT&T email address. However, if you accidentally close that window, you can enter the Temporary password by going to the myAT&T login page. You will then be prompted to create your new password.
In case you are using the same email account (for which you reset the password) in your Smartphone, you will need to update the email settings on your Smartphone as well. Similarly, if you are using the email via third-party clients such as Outlook, make sure to change the password for an uninterrupted service.
You can also get help from email support professionals by following this link.