Your Outlook email not only allows you to send emails and attachments but as well as Fax. Sending and receiving a fax with your Outlook email is a fast and convenient way to send Fax by email. The process is pretty simple and can be followed within a couple of steps. To know how to send Fax from email using Outlook follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Send Fax by Email Using Outlook
Register for an Online Fax Account
Before you follow the steps to send Fax by email using your Outlook email, make sure that you have signed up for an Online Fax Account. If you are yet to register for an account, you can browse online to find a reliable service provider depending on your requirement. Once you will create an Online Fax Account, you will be provided with a Fax number for sending and receiving Faxes online through your Outlook email.
Steps To Send a Fax by Email
If you are looking to send a Fax by email using Outlook, you can follow the instructions suggested below.
Compose a New Email in Outlook
In the next step, you will need to compose a new email using Outlook to send a fax by email. Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- In the “To” field, enter your Fax number followed by “@yourfaxserviceprovidername.com”.
NOTE: It is to be noted that “@yourfaxserviceprovidername.com” is just a reference. Here, you will need to enter the fax address of the recipient.
- Then, provide a suitable subject in the Subject field.
Attach a File That You Wish to Send
- Click or tap on the Attach Files option (paper clip) icon located at the top menu bar.
- Browse and select the file that you wish to attach.
Enter the Message
- Enter the message that you wish to send along with the attachment in the body of the email.
- Make sure your email with the attachment doesn’t exceed the permissible size limit.
Send the Email as Fax
- Once you are done composing the email to be sent as Fax, click on the Send button.
- The email will be sent to the recipient.
- You will receive an email notification that the Fax was sent successfully.
Steps to Receive Fax By Email in Outlook
You can also receive Faxes in Outlook just like your regular email. To do so, share your Fax address with the sender. Then, check your Outlook Inbox to find the fax sent to you. You can reply or forward the Fax just like your email messages in Outlook.
So, these are the quick steps that you can follow to send and receive Fax by email in Outlook. Another method that you can use to send Fax via email in Outlook are as follows:
Install Windows Fax Driver or Service to Use Internet Fax in Office
Although Microsoft Office comes with a feature that allows you to send Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word Files as Internet Faxes, it requires a user to install the Windows Fax Printer Driver or Fax Services on the computer to send the faxes. To enable the Windows Fax feature for your version of Windows, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Select the Programs option from the Control Panel section.
- Next, select the Programs and Features option.
NOTE: For Classic view, double-click the Programs and Features option.
- Then, tap the “Turn Windows Features on or off” option.
- After that, go to the Windows Features > Print and Document Services section and select the check box next to the Windows Fax and Scan option.
- Finally, press the OK button.
Once you are done enabling the required features in the Office program, you can follow these steps:
- In the search bar of your Windows PC, type “Fax”. Select this option from the search result.
- Next, open Windows Fax and Scan option (an in-built faxing software for Windows).
- Then, tap on the New Fax option.
- After that, attach your Microsoft document to the fax and follow the on-screen prompts.
And, this is how you will be able to send Fax by email using the Office email program.