Gmail is the most commonly used email service by numerous people around the globe. Almost every other person has a Gmail account (considering the majority of Android users) that he/she uses for carrying out day to day tasks, whether it is for professional purposes or for personal use. Even after being a reliable and uninterrupted email service provider, sometimes Gmail may run into issues like error 102. If you are also seeing error 102 in your Gmail account when trying to access or operate it, you can try solving the problem by following the information provided below.
Guide to Fix Gmail Error 102
Generally, you will see the Gmail error 102 in your Gmail account when you try to delete an email or move an email from one folder to another folder. If you have been carrying out any of these activities in your Gmail account and suddenly you encountered Gmail error 102, you can follow these steps to overcome the problem.
- Make Sure that You Are Accessing your Gmail Account on a Compatible Web Browser
One of the most common reasons responsible for error 102 is using an incompatible or outdated web browser to access your Gmail account. Not accessing your Gmail account using a compatible or updated web browser may lead to different errors including error 102. So, it is recommended to make sure that the web browser you are using to access your Gmail account is supported by Gmail and also running with the latest updates. Some of the web browsers with which Gmail works best include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari.
- Check The Browser Enhancements or Applications Installed on your Web Browser
Another possible reason that could be affecting the functionality of your Gmail is using incompatible or faulty browser enhancements on your web browser. In such a case, you can consider disabling these extensions and applications temporarily. However, while turning off these applications, it is recommended to disable one extension or application at a time to see exactly which one is causing the error. Once you identify the extension or application causing the problem, delete it from your web browser to permanently resolve the error.
- Clear the Cache and Cookies from your Web Browser
When you use a web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to access the internet, they save information from websites in its cookies and cache. Not clearing them on a frequent basis sometimes leads to different issues with browser and the websites you access on it, including Gmail error 102. So, it is recommended to clear such cache and cookies from time to time to avoid problems like loading or formatting issues on sites including Gmail.
If you are using Google Chrome browser to access your Gmail account, you can remove caches and cookies from it by following these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome web browser on your computer and click on the More icon (three vertical dots). This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the More tools option. This will expand another menu.
- From the menu under More tools, you will need to click on the Clear browsing data… This will open a small window on your screen.
- In the small window that appears on your screen, you will need to select a duration using the Time range option provided on the top section. If you wish to delete everything, you will need to select All time option in the Time range
- Then, you will need to make sure that the checkboxes next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” options are selected.
- After you are done selecting the time range and making selections, you will need to click on the Clear data button located at the lower-right corner of the window. Cookies and Cache for the selected time range will be removed from your web browser and you will be able to access your Gmail account without any error.
NOTE: If you are using any other web browser such as Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, etc. you would want to check their support site for instruction on clearing cache and cookies.
- Check the Advanced Settings of your Gmail Account
Sometimes some features in your Gmail account can also be responsible for causing error 102. If you have any features turned on in your Gmail account, you would want to check the Advanced settings of your Gmail account. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Once you are logged into your Gmail account, you will need to click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Settings option. You will be directed to the Settings section of your Gmail account.
- In the Settings section of your Gmail account, you will need to click on the Advanced
- In the Advanced tab, you will need to make sure that no Enable option is activated for any feature on the screen. If you find any feature enabled on the Advanced tab, you will need to disable it by selecting the Disable radio button next to the feature which is enabled.
- Check G Suite Status Dashboard
If even after following the above-mentioned steps you are unable to fix the Gmail error 102 in your Gmail account, it is recommended to check the G Suite Status Dashboard. At G Suite Status Dashboard, you will be able to check the status of all Google products such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Sites, Google Hangouts, etc. If you find Gmail status to be down, you will need to wait for it to get up again before you can try accessing your Gmail account again.
- Make Sure the Internet Network is Functioning Properly
Another most important thing that you will need to make sure is that the internet network you are using to access Gmail is working properly. To check that, you will need to open a random website on your web browser and see if it is loading as usual or not. If the website doesn’t load, as usual, you will first need to address the issue with your internet, and then you can try overcoming the error 102.
So, these are the different workarounds that you can use to fix Gmail Error 102.