Gmail Calendar is one of the best features you will find on Google. Whether you wish to schedule meetings with groups, add a Google Hangout to your event, email event guests, or manage appointment slots, Gmail Calendar is capable of meeting all such obligations efficiently. Whether you wish to access your Google Calendar on Desktop, iPhone, or Android, you can easily sync it easily across all the available platforms. However, if you are having trouble syncing your Gmail Calendar with iPhone, you can follow the instructions provided below in this guide.
Guide to Fix Syncing Issue in Gmail Calendar on iPhone
As there can be different reasons responsible for causing a syncing issue in the Gmail calendar on the iPhone, it can be a bit tricky to overcome the issue. Therefore, in order to fix the issue on your iPhone, it is suggested to follow the below-mentioned workarounds.
Make sure that you are connected to the Internet
The first thing you need to make sure with your iPhone is that it is properly connected to an internet connection. Open a random website on the web browser of your iPhone and see whether the website loads normally or not. If the website doesn’t load properly, you will need to address the issue with your internet before fixing an issue with your Gmail calendar syncing.
Make Sure that You are Using a Google Calendar App
It is suggested to ensure that you are using the Google Calendar app on your iPhone. To check whether you are using the app on your iPhone, you will need to look for this icon:
Make Sure that Calendar is Visible
- Open Google Calendar app on your iPhone.
- Next, you will need to go to the upper left section and tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal bar).
- On the left-hand side of the calendar’s name, you will need to make sure that the checkbox is selected. In case you see color around the edge of the box, you will need to tap on the box to show the calendar.
Make Sure that You Are Able to Add Events to Your Calendar
It is recommended to make sure that the event you are creating is added to which calendar. If it’s getting added to the Events Calendar, you might not be able to see it in the Google Calendar app or at calendar.google.com.
- Open the Google Calendar app on your iPhone.
- Next, you will need to go to the bottom right section and tap on the Create
- Then, make sure the option next to the Event calendar/icon says Event. In case you do not see an event, you will need to tap on the Event Calendar icon to turn to the correct calendar.
If the problem persists even after following the above-mentioned workarounds, you can follow these steps:
- Quite the App and Re-Launch it
Start by quitting the app and reopen it on your iPhone. Make sure you close the app and not hide it in the background.
- Remove Your Account and Re-Add it
- Launch the Google Calendar app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) located on the left menu.
- Next, you will need to select the Settings
- In the Settings tab on the Manage accounts option and then tap on the Edit option located on the top-right section.
- After that, remove your accounts and tap on the Done
- Now as you will reopen the application, you will be asked to add your account again.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the App
- Locate the Google Calendar app icon.
- Next, you will need to touch and hold the icon until it begins to wiggle.
- Then, you will need to tap on the X icon and tap the Delete
- After that, simply reinstall the Google Calendar app from the App Store and you are done.
So, these are the workarounds that you will need to follow in order to fix the syncing issue in your Gmail Calendar on iPhone.