Do you see this message “Sync is currently experiencing issues and will be back shortly” while using Gmail app in your Android device? Do you think ‘shortly’ is actually too long? You can’t send or receive emails, can’t open emails to read them and the app is too slow. And now, you just want to smash your device on the ground. Before that here are some quick fixes. So, why not try them and postpone your mobile smashing plan. May be you totally call off the plan. Let’s begin.
- Open settings in your android device.
- Locate ‘Mobile Data’ option.
- Move the slider to ‘OFF’ the mobile data.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Again move the slider to ‘ON’ the mobile data.
- Now, see if your Gmail App can sync.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Turn off the airplane mode.
- Check Gmail sync settings. Open Gmail app>Tap on the menu icon at top left>Scroll down to settings>Tap on your email address>Find ‘Sync Gmail’ option and make sure the box in front of it is checked.
- Create storage space. Uninstall unused apps, remove TV shows, movies, books or move them to computer. If your android device is running out of space, sync won’t work.
24/7 Gmail Help Desk Number +1-888-393-1373 (USA & Canada)
Ultimate Fix –Remove and Re-add Gmail Account
This requires you to delete the Gmail account from your android device. To do this, follow the steps:
Remove Gmail Account
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to ‘Accounts.
- Locate your Google account and tap on it.
- Tap on menu icon (three vertical dots) at the top right.
- Click on ‘Sync now’ before clicking on ‘Remove Account.’ This might help the Sync issue too. If not, move to next step.
- Select ‘Remove Account’ twice.
Re-add Gmail Account
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Accounts.’
- Tap ‘Add Account’ option at the end.
- Select Google and follow the on-screen instructions to complete re-adding your account.
Hopefully this will solve your Gmail account sync error; if not, take assistance from Gmail technical support.