The error code 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook generally occurs when you are trying to send or receive email messages. This Outlook “0x800ccc1a” usually occurs when the Outlook Mail server is unable to support the connection encryption specified by the user. For example, when you have entered a wrong port value for the Outgoing (SMTP) server or for the POP incoming server, especially, with SSL activated on the wrong port number. If you are seeing the error “0x800ccc1a” in your Outlook program, follow the solution provided below.
Guide to Fix “0x800ccc1a” Error in Your Outlook Program
NOTE: To fix this issue, it is recommended to not to use SSL encryption for your e-mail account in Outlook. Doing so should help you overcome the problem with your Outlook program. To stop using SSL Encryption for your e-mail account in Outlook program, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- In your Outlook program, go to the Tools option and select the Account Settings option from the drop-down menu. You will be directed to the Account Settings
- Once you are on the E-mail Accounts window appears on your screen, you will need to select the email account for which you wish to make modification and click on the “Change” option.
- Next, you will need to click on the “More Settings” option. You will be directed to the next window.
- On the More Settings window, go to the “Advanced” tab in the Internet E-mail Settings Deselect the checkbox next to the “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” under “Incoming Server” option.
- Then, you will need to click on the “OK” button, then on the Next button, and then on the Finish
- After that, click on the “Close” option and restart your “Outlook” program. Once you are done following the steps provided above, it is suggested to try sending a test e-mail message to yourself. If you receive the email back, as usual, the problem has been fixed. In case still you are unable to get rid of the issue, it is suggested to verify the settings of your Outlook program.
NOTE: Sometimes, the problem can also be with your Outlook or ISP’s end. You can wait for a while before trying to access your account again.
In most of the cases, following the above instructions should fix the problem with your Outlook program. However, if the problem persists, it is recommended to seek assistance from Microsoft Outlook customer support.