Can’t find that important email message or contact in your Yahoo! Mail account? Here is a step-by-step guide to get back missing emails and contacts.
Find Missing Email
You can restore your Yahoo mail account to its previous state and recover deleted emails even from the Trash folder. However, this is applicable only for the mails lost during last 24 hours.
Before your request a restore
- Make sure you have checked spam, trash and other folders for the mail.
- Download the messages you received in past 24 hours or forward them to alternate email account. This is because your inbox will be restored to the states 24 hours ago. So you have to save the mails received in-between otherwise they will get missing.
24/7 Yahoo Help Number +1-800-760-8014 (USA & Canada)
Creating a Restore Request
You have checked spam folder, trash and every other folder but you can’t see that email. So, now we have only one option – Creating a Restore Request.
- Complete the Yahoo! Mail Restore Help Form
- Click ‘Create Request.
While Yahoo processes your request to restore your inbox, you keep forwarding/downloading the email messages you receive.
Find Missing Contact
A contact missing can be restored if it is deleted within past 30 days.
- After signing-in to your Yahoo! Mail account, click on ‘Contacts’ icon right above the ‘Compose’ button on left side of mailbox.
- Click on ‘Deleted Contacts’ in the left menu.
- Select the contact you want to restore from the right side panel. If you can’t see that contact, click ‘Restore your entire contact list’ button.
- Click ‘Restore.
- Click ‘Done.
- Changes will be saved. You can check them by clicking on ‘All Contacts’ option in the left menu.
You can also restore the entire contact list through these steps:
- Look for ‘Actions’ drop down next to ‘New Contacts’ option.
- Click on the inverted arrow and select ‘Restore from backup.
- Select time and date and click ‘Restore.
If you find any difficulty in following any of the above processes, get connected with Yahoo support service for assistance.