When seeking to clear your chat history on Skype, you must decide between one of two actions: removing a specific message or deleting the history of your conversations between you and another person. Here we are providing you proven steps to delete a Skype conversation on Windows or macOS.
Steps to Delete a Skype Conversation in Windows or macOS
To clear or delete a Skype conversation, pursue the instructions below.
Note: Provided steps are identical for both platforms.
- Double-tap the Skype application to log in. If you have already logged in, skip this step.
- A list of your previous chats should be visible in the left menu pane.
- Select the one you wish to delete and right-click on it.
- In the next step, select Delete Conversation from the drop-down menu that appears on your computer screen.
- A pop-up notification will display, on which you need to select either Delete or Cancel
- Tap Delete to complete the process.
Steps to Delete a Skype Conversation on Android or iOS
Take the steps below to remove a stored Skype conversation on an iOS and Android device.
- To begin the process firstly, log in to your Skype app using your login credentials.
- A list of your saved contacts along with every recorded chat should be visible on your screen.
- Click on the conversation you want to delete. Then tap and hold the chat until a pop-up notification appears on your display.
- Click on Delete conversation.
- A message will become visible asking if you’re sure to permanently delete this chat.
- At last, click on the Delete icon to complete the process.
Similarly, on the application, you can delete a particular Skype message on your PC or Mobile device.
Note: Keep in mind that you can only delete individual messages on the application.
Steps to Delete a Message on Skype
- Double click on the Skype app icon and enter your login details in the prompted field.
Note: You can skip this process if you are already logged in.
- Now, click on the conversation and explore the message which you want to delete.
- Tap on the message and click on Remove icon to delete the message from the conversation.
Note: You cannot be able to remove multiple messages at once.