Microsoft Outlook allows you to configure your email account with it and then access your important emails offline. We will help you in configuring your Yahoo! Mail account with Outlook 2013 email client via IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol.) Let’s get started.
24/7 Yahoo Customer Service Number +1-888-315-7888 (USA & Canada)
Before configuring Yahoo on Outlook, you need to make a change in your Yahoo! Mail account. Let’s see what it is.
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account through your web browser.
- Select the gear icon on the upper-right corner and click on ‘Account Info’ option. You can also access the ‘Account Info’ page by moving the mouse over your user name just before the gear icon.
- Select ‘Account Security’ from the left side menu.
- Scroll down to find ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign-in’ and turn it ON by moving the slider to right.
Due to security reasons Yahoo blocks access on some non-Yahoo apps and programs. And, this is the reason why Yahoo users face difficulty in configuring their account with Outlook. Allowing sign-in will resolve this issue. Let’s move on with Outlook configuration settings.
- Open Outlook and go to ‘File’ menu. Select ‘Info’ and ‘Add account.’
- Now click on ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ and then ‘Next.’
- Select from IMAP and then click ‘Next.’
- Complete the form by filling the information correctly. Take reference from the guide below.
Type in your first and last name.
Incoming mail server
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Yahoo password. Create an app password in case Two-step verification is enabled.
- Tick the box in front of "require logon using secure password authentication (SPA)"
- Click On "more settings" button
- Tap on ‘Outgoing Server’ tab and then check ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ option.
- Click ‘OK.’
- Select ‘Next’ and wait while the communication is establishing. You will see ‘Close’ option when the task is completed successfully. Click on it and start using your Yahoo! Mail through Outlook 2013.
- Double-check the settings if error occurs.
· Now tap on ‘Advanced’ tab and complete the following information.
o Incoming server (IMAP) - 993
o Use the following type of encrypted connection - SSL
o Outgoing server (SMTP) - 465
Use the following type of encrypted connection – SSL
In case any complexity arises, contact our yahoo customer support Team.